Dubai Travel Guide: A towering oasis around the northern side of the Arabian Peninsula and hugging the Persian Gulf, Dubai is certainly an exemplary city known around the globe due to its wealthy heritage and warm hospitality.
Frequently finding itself near the top of a listing of places to visit, Dubai is visited by numerous leisure and business visitors every year. Fondly known as “Playground in the Rich” and “Las Vegas in the Middle East” in traveling circles, Dubai has exactly what you are able to want in the holiday destination – white sand beaches, sweeping desert dunes, historic city quarters, a couple of from the world’s largest stores, exhilarating theme parks, a range of outdoors and adventure sports, magnificent skyscrapers and even more.
Best Dubai Travel Guide 2022
Why Visit Dubai
As a small fishing village, Dubai has since developed into among the world’s most luxurious destinations. Frequently known as the ‘Las Vegas from the Middle East and also the ‘playground for that rich’, its glitz and glamor lure uses the promise to mesmerize and impress its visitors.
Magnificent skyscrapers, sweeping sand dunes, stunning beaches, first-class resorts, the world’s largest shopping center plus much more, Dubai has everything! Where else are you able to spend your entire day around the beach, your mid-day striking the slopes, as well as your evening watching the sun’s rays set within the vast desert? As the city certainly offers lots of fun and entertainment, just a little preparation will go a long way when going to.
Within this Dubai travel guide, we’ll check out virtually all of the attractions, landmarks, and encounters that make Dubai probably the most coveted holidaymaker destination on the planet. From travel tips and important logistics to top attractions and hacks regarding how to cut costs, here’s all you need to learn about taking advantage of your Dubai vacation.
Dubai Travel Restrictions
Can I travel to Dubai right now? Short answer – Yes. Long answer – there are a few things you should keep in mind before traveling to Dubai.
Before zipping your bag, make certain to achieve the right charging cables and improve your Arabic! Most establishments in UAE accept credit/an atm card and ATMs are often available, so don’t stock up on cash.
How to Save Money in Dubai
Despite its status among the world’s most costly destinations, you will find really numerous methods to spend less on a trip with the UAE. From transport hacks to killer summertime offers, listed here are our 5 best strategies for saving cash in Dubai.
- Travel during summer: If you’re able to withstand heat, visiting Dubai in the summertime promises discounts and ridiculously great summertime offers. Dubai Parks and Resorts, a thrilling labyrinth of amusement parks, restaurants, and shops, regularly come forth with fantastic summertime deals that just about cut prices in two. You may also rely on saving cash at hotels.
- 2. Use the metro: Forget taxis and, rather, choose the city’s metro. Cheap yet reliable, its train system is ideal for making your way around. The Very important personnel and Gold Class trains even offer free wireless! Metro rides cost between AED 1.80 dirhams (roughly $.50) to 6.50 dirhams (around $1.80) based on trip length. If you are considering using trains and buses not only a couple of times, you can purchase a Nol card also valid on Dubai’s buses and water taxis.
- Hit up the free beaches: With more than 40 km of coast, Dubai Travel Guide, Dubai has lots of beaches. However, many of them happen to be snagged by hotels and resorts that have since placed charges on entering. Fortunately, you will find a number of beaches which are still totally free. Cut costs and mind towards the beautiful Kite Beach in Umm Suqeim. Well-liked by families, it has a boardwalk, an accumulation of excellent cafes, and an array of watersport services.
- Shop like a local: See many cut back having a hop-on hop-off bus. Besides a ticket takes proper care of all of your transport concerns, additionally, it includes two boat rides, three led walking tours, and a number of exclusive shopping discounts while offering. Bounce between your city’s most widely used attractions with a 1-day or perhaps a 2-day pass.
Adventure in Dubai
If a person would gold coin location the experience capital of the Middle East, it might unquestionably be Dubai. From skydiving to parasailing and(indoor) skiing to VR parks, there’s plenty in Dubai for adventure enthusiasts.
Desert Safari & Dhow Cruises
Two Quintessential Experiences in Dubai
When you pick 2 things to do in Dubai, you might be going for a dhow cruise and yet another will be a desert safari experience. There aren’t any two activities that comprise the culture of Dubai around both of these unique, stellar encounters.
Make certain to squeeze both these epic encounters into your itinerary for any true taste of Dubai!
- Dubai Dhow Cruises: Cruising the waters on the Dhow cruises in Dubai is really a one-of-a-kind sightseeing and dining encounter. Sailing by prominent landmarks while you engage your tastebuds and revel in an excellent dinner is an unforgettable experience. Dhows are traditional wooden motorboats that were masterfully designed and built by the local fishing communities and employed for navigating the Red Ocean and also the Indian Sea. Today, these shows have started out being small sailing motorboats to fine types of luxury cruises. To go to Dubai and never choose a dhow cruise is nearly blasphemous.
- Dubai Desert Safari: Of all of the wonders of Dubai, there’s nothing that defines it quite as the wonderful dessert does. From sand dunes to abandon camps, authentic Arabian food to camel rides, from sandboarding to quad biking, there’s a great deal to do within the Dubai desert! Desert safaris occur in multiple locations around Dubai, and the plethora of encounters and activities during these safaris are first-rate. Dubai Travel Guide You might also need evening and morning safaris, each flaunting its very own charm. With countless desert safaris to select from, choosing the proper safari could get overwhelming.
Live Entertainment in Dubai
Dubai’s calendar comes complete with concerts, entertainment occasions, opera shows, and lots of live entertainment all year round. To find the best of live entertainment in Dubai, listed here are the very best 3 venues:
- Dubai Opera: The place to find even more than just operatic productions, the Dubai Opera also stages concerts, plays, ballets, comedies, and, from time to time, screenings of popular films supported by a live orchestra. Grab discounted Dubai Opera tickets and revel in some world-class opera.
- La Perle: Dancers rising in the shadows from the stage, emerging from inside smoky corners. Acrobats flying gracefully into the air, sheathed in glitter and color. Golden orbs and unique lights, daring dives into pools, and impossible leaps from heart-stopping heights – La Perle Dubai brings you this, plus much more, promising to depart yourself on the advantage of the seat. Grab La Perle tickets on Headout and purchase a multi-physical delight!
- Cinema Akil, Alserkal Avenue: This is actually the Gulf’s first arthouse cinema, getting the very best of the center East’s independent film industry, in addition to cult classics and critically-acclaimed festival favorites. Cinema Akil aims to produce awareness and curiosity about film and also the motion picture arts and it has held over 60 pop-up cinemas since 2014, attracting over 60,000 attendees in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah.
Bus Tours in Dubai
To understand more about a town in the quickest, yet most enjoyable manner, charter buses, and tours are what you want. Dubai’s Visit Hop Off Tours provide you with the versatility and independence of making your personal itinerary, combined with the benefit of a knowledgeable guide. Once aboard the outdoors top double-decker sightseeing bus, you can take limitless journeys inside the selected time period. The multiple routes and stops offered can help you plan and pick the right available attractions.
Also Read: Best Areas To Rent Warehouses In Abu Dhabi
In Dubai, there are two primary Visit Hop Off tours – Big Bus & City Sightseeing. Both of them are good in their own individual way, but when you are confused about which to select,
Day Trips From Dubai
If you’ve already soaked the sun on Dubai’s many beaches, taken a dhow cruise on the Dubai Creek, and rose atop the earth’s tallest building – the Burj Khalifa, it’s maybe time for you to mind from the glitzy city and uncovers exactly what the other emirates have to give you. In the glamourous capital of Abu Dhabi towards the eco-friendly emerald pools of Hatta, there are lots that you can do should you wander outdoors the perimeter of Dubai.
Public Transportation in Dubai
The general public transit system in Dubai – containing metro, monorails, buses, trams, ABRAS, ferry, and water taxis – is highly efficient and causes it to be quite simple to obtain around the city with zero hassles. All of the public transit within the city is managed through the RTA. Because of the single management, within your budget, these use only one card – the NOL card. You may also purchase taxis while using an NOL card now.
Hotels in Dubai
Inside a city as outrageous as Dubai, narrowing lower a summary of the very best hotels isn’t an easy task. Dubai Travel Guide From your underwater suite at Atlantis to some fashion lover’s dream travel to the Armani Hotel, there is no dearth of hotels in Dubai. From the no-expenses-able escape seaside palace to some secluded desert oasis, these hotels top our must-stay list.
Under AED 300 per night
- Edge Creekside Hotel
- Rove City Centre
- Holiday Inn Dubai Al-Maktoum Airport
- Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown
- Al Bandar Rotana – Dubai Creek
- Four Seasons Resort at Jumeirah Beach
- Five Palm Jumeirah Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira
- Burj Al Arab
AED 300 – AED 1000 per night
- The Oberoi Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
- Taj Dubai
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers
- Address Montgomerie
- XVA Art Hotel
- Lapita Dubai Resort
- Armani Hotel
- Anantara The Palm
- Palazzo Versace
Dining in Dubai
Wondering which all restaurants match your itinerary? We have done the legwork. Even though it is practically unattainable through all of the culinary delights the town provides,
Top Recommended 2021
- 3 Fils
- Indya by Vineet
- Mythos Kouzina & Grill
- Ibn AlBahr
- Miss Lily’s
Best of Arabic Cuisine
- Arabian Tea House
- Saba’a Cafe
- Al Fanar Restaurant & Cafe
Shopping in Dubai
Dubai is frequently considered a Shoppers’ Mecca, with fashionistas and luxury enthusiasts who descend from all across the globe, all year round. From gold from the greatest standards to designer labels, gadgets, and luxury products, you’ll find all things in Dubai. Spread within the city are shopping and retail destinations which have now become landmarks in Dubai. You will find glitzy malls right alongside traditional markets or souks where traders sell gold, spices, clothing, and floor coverings.
Malls in Dubai are not only a range of labels and shops. Presenting an aura-conditioned paradise amongst the new desert, people flock towards the malls to conquer heat when they enjoy other pursuits for example dining, watching a film, or just relaxing. Most malls in Dubai are the place to find popular restaurants, cinemas, and entertainment complexes as well as indoor amusement parks.
When you shop in Dubai all year round is really a delight, it’s even more special throughout the Dubai Shopping Festival which runs typically between December to Feb. During this time period, all partnered brands run massive discounts on apparel, gold, cosmetics, watches, leather bags, interior decor, gadgets as well as spices!
Another favorite shopping place to go for locals and vacationers alike is Global Village. Only at that self-announced “largest tourism, leisure, shopping, and entertainment destination”, you will find a large number of unique and exotic products sourced from 50 regions. Honey from Yemen to Saffron from Iran is authentic and is exactly what you are searching for — mind to Global Village Dubai.
Browse the most widely used shopping destinations in Dubai – from record-breaking malls to traditional souks, our shopping help guide to Dubai is all that’s necessary.
Spas in Dubai
Dubai hosts the best spas on the planet soothing vibes and idyllic luxurious retreats ideal for basking, adding nourishment, and pampering. From Traditional Arabian Baths to Turkish Hammams, Iyashi Domes and a number of other holistic therapies are certain to impress even the commonest health spa-goers. Prepare to become scrubbed, kneaded, and pampered and are available back having a refreshing glow and soothing mind. Listed here are the best 3 spas in the city:
- Talise Spa, Madinat Jumeirah
- Timeless Spa, Al Maha Desert Resort
- Amara Spa, Park Hyatt
Dubai For Honeymooners/Couples
Talking about Spas, there are lots of other romantic things you can do in Dubai. It isn’t surprising that many people mind for their honeymoon or perhaps a romantic getaway! Dubai is the best mixture of modernity and tradition, so romantics will probably have a fascinating range of magical, romantic things you can do. From floating on the horizon around sunrise and soaking in views of endless golden dunes on the heat balloon ride to spending each day among flowers in the Miracle Gardne – Dubai is really a romantic haven.
Dubai With Kids
The choices in Dubai for any family to savor an incredible vacation are endless. If you would like some beach fun, then mind to Kite or Jumeirah Beach. When the kids wish to splash around inside a waterpark, then go towards the Wild Wadi Waterpark or Yas Waterworld. What about taking your children to the greatest aquarium on the planet, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo at Dubai Mall? Or maybe adventure is in your thoughts, then mind from the city for dune bashing and quad biking! Keeping kids entertained in Dubai is simple and you will know why.
Festivals in Dubai
Dubai includes a year-long calendar of festivals – some cultural, some religious, some loyal, a couple of music festivals, and so forth. Listed here are the very best recurring festivals in the Emirate that you should know of:
- Dubai International Jazz Festival: February – March
- Art Dubai: March – April
- Festival of Taste: April – May
- Dubai Summer Surprises: June – August
- UAE National Day Festival: December
- Dubai International Film Festival: TBA
- Dubai Shopping Festival: December – February
- Dubai World Cup: March
- Eid: August
- Al Gaffal Dhow Race: TBA
- Dubai International Boat Show: March
- Taste Of Dubai: March
- The Dubai Marathon: January
- Ramadan: April – May
Dubai Culture Tips
A lot of Dubai’s residents decide to dress conservatively. However, with that being stated, the UAE is a lot more liberal than other locations in the center East. Typically, people can dress because they like. However, when you are traveling in Dubai, be sincere and be sure your clothes are stylish. Especially during the summertime, shorts and dresses will probably be the preferred kind of clothing. This really is totally acceptable, but just make sure your clothing is avoided seeing-through or too revealing.
Similar to North American culture, it is proper etiquette to tip for certain services. Below is a chart of the recommended tipping amounts.
- Hotels (Porters and room cleaners)
5 dirhams to 10 dirhams per day
15% of the bill for good service, 10% for decent service. It is nice to leave cash when possible to ensure the tip goes to the server.
- Taxis and Valets
5 dirhams to 10 dirhams
- Spa Staff
10% to 15%.
Holy Month of Ramadan
The town basically shuts lower for that holy month of Ramadan. The dates change every year, however, it falls roughly around mid-May which lasts until mid-June. Restaurants close throughout the day to be able to respect Muslims who are fasting, which is illegal to consume, drink, or smoke in public places during this time period. During the night, the town involves existence and it is an excellent factor to witness if you exist during this period.